I came across this recipe on Pinterest. Aside from reading, hiking, eating, my other hobby is baking. Baking is fun, it is the only type of cooking that I know that brings out sweet smelling aromas. After reading thru the recipe, and observing the picture, I’ve decided that the next time I bake, Chocolate Fudge Cake will be at the top of my list of sweets. Believe it or not, vegans like everybody else have sweet tooth, try not to believe the myths and hype.
Author: Vegetarian Times Editors
- 1 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill organic unbleached white flour
- 1 2/3 cups Florida Crystals organic cane sugar, divided
- 1 1/3 cups Chatfield’s cocoa powder, divided
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Silk vanilla soymilk, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch round pan with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, 2/3 cup cocoa, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Whisk together 2/3 cup soymilk, 1/3 cup oil, and 1/2 cup water in separate bowl. Stir soymilk mixture into flour mixture. Spread in prepared pan, and bake 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Unmold onto plate.
3. Warm remaining 2/3 cup cocoa, 2/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup oil in saucepan over medium heat. Pour in remaining 1/3 cup soymilk, and cook 1 minute, or until smooth. Spread icing over warm cake, and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Calories: 525
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 315 mg
- Sugar Content: 43 g
Check out this Idea List on Amazon: Vegan/Vegetarian