The first recipe I would like to share with you comes from my study abroad semester in London. A sure life-changing experience I would never forget. This was my favorite snack.
Almonds contain lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E. Other health benefits of almonds include lowering blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lowering cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
- Ground almonds 8oz or 250g
- Castor Sugar 8 oz or brown sugar
- White of 3 eggs (Vegan – flaxseed, banana, baking soda, etc)
- A few blanched almonds
- Mix sugar and almonds.
- Beat the egg white slightly and add sufficient to form a paste.
- With wet hands roll the micture into small balls.
- Place on a baking tin, flatten, and put half a blanched almond on top of each.
- Bake in moderate over 360° about 15minutes.
For Brazil Nut Macaroons
Make as above, using ground Brazil nuts in place of the almonds, and put a thin slice of the nut on top of each.